Tuesday, December 21, 2010

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

Good day, readers.

I have been tempted for some time to start a themed blog - tempted, but I managed to resist. Until today. Today I have given in to the peer pressure of other marvellous blogs started by marvellous people and I have done it. You see before you a book themed blog, one of the many millions of book themed blogs out there. Really, it ought to be a crime starting another one to twinkle vaguely in the constellation of millions.

I have been reading 'The Complete Polysyllabic Spree' which isn't really a book but a collection of newspaper columns by Nick Hornby. I'm not quite sure exactly, but I think his method is to write down, once a month, every book he's reading or has bought and then work on the theme of the books he has read. I don't share literary tastes with the man, but the 'Spree' is quite an entertaining read. I hope to do something similar. Keeping track of what I'm reading is actually a gargantuan task because I'm reading an awful lot of books at the one time with very little sense or cohesion at all in the order of reading, so perhaps this endeavour will prove bootless after all. I won't be terribly disappointed if it is ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment