Sunday, December 26, 2010

We read books, talked books, argued over books, and became dearer and dearer to one another.


Just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I loved this book sooooo darn much. Characters who just unfold out of the book and read it with you - or at least that's how I felt - I haven't felt this much affection for fictional people since my Louisa May Alcott/Mary Grant Bruce/L. M. Montgomery days (not that I don't still adore the creations of the aforementioned authors!). Mary Ann Shaffer, may she rest in peace, was a magician of storytelling. I only wish I could have made the book last me more than two days...

I have no words to critique this book. I can only say: read it.

When I finally get to Europe, after this long, long time of waiting, Guernsey will be one of my first destinations...




1 comment: